I.T. Support Analyst ABERDEEN
I.T. Support Analyst
Location : Aberdeen
Role : Full-time contract
Start Date : Immediate Start
Reports to : Systems Manager
Candidates : UK Based with permission to work
Rate : To be discussed
Are you looking to work in a progressive environment, where people are valued, and your voice matters? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and innovative team, with a cutting-edge approach?
A growing business, IMRANDD comprises of a team of experts who combine their engineering knowledge with tactical implementation and a commercial understanding of Asset Integrity Management. The organisation currently comprises of approximately 50 personnel, and our workforce is continuing to expand. We provide techno-economic solutions for the safe and profitable management of assets in the upstream oil & gas industry. We detail the long-term strategic business implications of assets, enabling our clients to make more informed decisions, identify and improve cost efficiencies, increase uptime and improve production.
Our multi-disciplinary team of clever people spans a range of engineers and other professionals with varied experiences and backgrounds. We value our people, and they value working with us. We understand the importance of maintaining a happy workforce and are committed to supporting the working needs of our people as best we can.
This role is based out of IMRANDD’s Aberdeen office, in the heart of the City Centre (or working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic, in accordance with government guidelines). We also support flexible and remote working, which can be discussed and agreed with your manager and your team. If you would like to apply, please send your CV with a cover letter through to email@example.com.
We are currently seeking to recruit an I.T. Support Analyst with suitable experience and/or qualifications to work on a variety of tasks associated with the provision of I.T. systems, hardware & software support to IMRANDD’s personnel. The candidate is expected to assist with the day-to-day support and administration of business operations, as well as the ongoing improvement of I.T. systems, security, and internal policies and processes. Additional duties may include the support of our R&D team, who require assistance with the testing and maintenance of new software that they are developing.
IMRANDD strives to provide a supportive environment, which enables our workforce to flourish.
The role is varied and will include the following activities:
- Understanding and maintenance of key I.T. systems and infrastructure.
- Providing input in the ongoing development of the company’s I.T. systems.
- Act as liaison between the company, and specialist external I.T. support providers.
- Understanding the company’s hardware setup (laptops, docks etc.) and provide frontline support as required.
- Maintaining inventory records of all I.T.-related hardware.
- Understanding the company’s software setup (Microsoft, Adobe etc.) and provide frontline support as required.
- Monitoring the I.T. Mailbox and using the FreshService ticketing system to respond to problem tickets or queries raised by personnel.
- Working with the external Cybersecurity provider to ensure that the company’s systems remain secure.
- Monitoring the Cybersecurity Mailbox and responding to forwarded threats. Engaging with both the external Cybersecurity provider and the Cyber Insurance provider when required.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the company’s “Cyber Essentials Plus” certification, and all the activities associated with maintaining this.
- Using the Go-To Assist tool to provide support as required.
- Administrative role in the management of Microsoft systems:
- Office 365 (eg: add/remove/change signatures, change ruleset for signature application etc.)
- Management of Microsoft O365 multi-factor authentication for all Personnel
- SharePoint (eg: create new sites, external sites, administer users, licence management, monitor logs etc.)
- Azure Server
- Exchange Server
- Soft Phones
- Administrative role in the management of other key I.T. systems:
- Mavenlink (including understanding how Mavenlink works, in order to support Project Managers’ usage, and providing insight reports from time to time)
- Password management
- Report generation of activities & actions performed within above I.T. systems.
- Identifying improvements to business practices with a view to increase efficiency.
As IMRANDD has a Research & Development department, from time to time there may also be a requirement to:
- Work with the R&D team on projects to develop new software & technologies. You will be supported and guided on this by the R&D project managers.
- Use of FreshRelease software for recording bugs and version release tracking.
- Support the R&D team to develop/maintain I.T. standards & processes during the development of their projects.
- Providing assistance in the testing of new software.
- Other miscellaneous activities.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A degree qualification is preferred.
- Prior professional experience in dealing with I.T. systems as part of a support role.
- Very familiar with the Microsoft Office suite – management of SharePoint experience is especially valued.
- Experience with data reporting visualisation tools such as Power BI, Spotfire, or similar is preferred.
- Cisco CCNA, ISC2 CISSP, and/or other professional certifications are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to write reports, prepare and present to users, listen and interpret user needs.
- Ability to communicate well with all members of the workforce, and to provide the necessary support.
- Ability to provide reliable I.T.-related assistance in a fast-paced office environment.
- Efficient time management, along with the ability to work across multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Willingness to take responsibility – the company is growing rapidly, and the role is likely to expand as the company grows.
- Holistic perspective & ability to realise problems in a commercial context.
- Proven problem-solving capability.
- Experience with project management of teams/individuals is preferred.
- Willingness to learn, adapt and take on new challenges.
Register with Company Connecting
Check out the rest of the site
- Job Vacancies