IT companies with Cyber Security skills tend to be larger than average: 52% have more than 20 employees whereas our CC average is 38%. We will take a more in depth look at company sizes when we release our findings on recently founded companies later this year.
The top three sectors for Cyber Security skills are: Financial Services, Government and Healthcare – so all ‘big’ sectors with large corporations and organisations.
Some quick stats on the 270 Scottish companies with Cyber Security as a skill:
- The distribution of company ages is interesting:
- 14% are 0-5 years old
- 26% are 6-10 years old, and
- 44% are older than 10 nyears
- (We are working on the information for the remaining 16%)
- Edinburgh and Glasgow councils take first and second place for the number of cyber security companies, with Aberdeen City, South Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire in joint third place
- SMEs, Financial Services and IT are the top three sectors serviced by the companies.
- Security, Mobile display and Information Security are the top three focal areas.
There is lots more information in the infographic below. It is interactive, so more facts can be clicking between Cyber Security and Scotland or viewed by hovering over the charts.
To be featured or find out more: